This is what happened on a wonderful Sunday during March Break...
My family went bowling, it was very enjoyable. When we got there we rented shoes as usual. For once mine fit properly! Unfortunately my brother was not as lucky as I and received shoes that were a bit too small, they hurt his feet. So he got them in the next size up and we went to the bowling alley (we had booked two games).
During the first game everyone was getting used to the balls and bowling again (we don't go bowling very often). Holly cried whenever things didn't go her way which was quite often considering they did not have the bowling ramps for younger kids and the sound of bowling balls crashing against the pins was sometimes a bit much for her but she still had fun and never gave up. Sam was very funny when he lost, since he can be rather competitive at times and mom missed so many times she began making excuses like she was letting us win and would show her true skills in the next game. Then again I wasn't much better. Out of all of us dad was the best, he got so many strikes we were sure he was cheating. Dad won, Mom was second, Sam came next, then me, then Holly.
The second game was quite a bit different, Holly and I were quite a bit better and Mom and Sam weren't quite as good as before. Dad of course was even better this time, he was so good that every time he got a strike we called him a show off. During the game we had lunch, delicious savory fries and gooey chewy mozzarella sticks. After a while since I was still hungry I looked at the menu and saw the giant cookies, of course with that name and a delicious picture I simply had to buy one. The cookie was amazing, it was still warm to the touch with plenty of chocolate chips and a golden, chewy center. Dad won (again), I came second, Sam third, Holly fourth and Mom last.
As we prepared to go home Holly decided that she wanted a cookie too so of course she got one. It was just as good as mine but since it was time to go she had to eat it in the car.
No comments:
Post a Comment